Thursday, August 11, 2016

All about that port

Last milestone:  my port came out yesterday, finally. I am sore, and probably will be until the stitches dissolve, but that is normal. Below is one last look at that under-the-skin foreign object.



My procedure was done at a nearby Catholic hospital, and this time, part of my experience was having an extremely cute, tiny nun come in, hold my hand, and pray for me. It was very sweet. And I must admit that I panicked when I first saw her, thinking she was the phlebotomist. That was just blatant ageism! She might be an octogenarian, but her hands were steady.

Anyway, it's not necessary to say this, but I am hoping and wishing with all my heart that this was the last surgery I will have to undergo. Of course, I wish none of this had happened with the same intensity, but it did. And now, it's over. I would like to resolve to start using my dumbbells on a regular basis. I miss running, but will resolve to be flexible enough to do what is most appropriate.

The other resolution is to try to hold on to some perspective, to not let the little stuff get me down, especially at work. Drama happens.   Mike and I plan to retire at the end of 2019, and with that as a beacon...I can roll with what happens.

Last, I will try very hard to make sure I do something I enjoy each day--or try to enjoy something I do each day. I'd like to stop wishing my life away.



Bananas. Bananas are good.



3 comments:

TLP said...

I just wanta hug you so bad right now!

It's been a long, hard haul and you've been so very brave. You're my hero.

Mikki Marshall said...

You're my hero too.

"Last, I will try very hard to make sure I do something I enjoy each day--or try to enjoy something I do each day. I'd like to stop wishing my life away.

Yes!

actonbell said...

Thank you, Mom :)

Mikki, thank you--and you are Wonder Woman!