Monday, June 01, 2015

Rabbit, Rabbit!





                                                      Happy Lucky June!

This might be the quickest update ever. This past weekend, while my mother and younger sister were being amazing, indefatigable tourists and visitors in NYC, I read a book. I did get up earlier than usual on Saturday, I did run a little farther than usual, I did vacuum a little (I'd try to suppress that), but then--I read a book. I did do this mostly outside on the patio, so I did tell myself that I had gotten--out.*

Meanwhile, my older sister was visiting friends and her daughters at the coffee house or the movies. Mike and I saw a movie Saturday--at home. It was Unbroken. Oh, my, I hate to say this, but it was not good. Emotionally flat, and I daresay, if you haven't read this biography, by Laura Hillenbrand, you will have no idea who these men are.

For a little while, I am scoring a later shift on Mondays because a coworker is taking summer classes, but hark, yonder clock is making that dingy noise telling me that I need to start thinking about getting dressed--and going out.

This month, I resolve to spend at least one weekend day at a park or reserve, watching the birds and stuff. I do like to that, honest.


* I was surrounded by people mowing lawns, weeding, or walking dogs. Lazy me. 


Cheers! Here's to June! Whatchaupto?

1 comment:

TLP said...

I'm up to recovering from that NYC trip. Lots of fun. BUT. It was so hot and of course NYC means walking, walking, walking. We did take taxis and also rode the subway, but still did tons of walking.

I'm glad you had a good weekend.

It's a bummer that Unbroken wasn't good.