Monday, December 22, 2014

A Meditation

This morning, I did something I haven't done in awhile.  This won't sound like much, but--I ran alone without headphones. It feels a bit like meditation, except for the moving part. If the point of meditating is finding quiet time to oneself, then--this works. It may sound awfully boring to be running laps around the neighborhood, but it really does not matter where the run takes place, and the air is just as fresh. I do run a bit slower without the music, but perhaps that is temporary, I don't know. I do know that the music became too important.

It's as if I'm trying not to live through exercise. A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down. Why? What better past time am I rushing off to? It's one thing to look forward to certain times and events, but I find myself wishing every minute away. A couple blog posts ago, I even pronounced my auntie's visits dead--well, her death was greatly exaggerated; it turns out my body isn't quite that mature yet. Hold your horses. Patience, grasshopper. It's okay, everything's okay, nothing is so unpleasant that it cannot be tolerated a little bit longer.

Breathe in, breathe out, pack your lunch and take your headphones: that is what music is for, when the traffic is too bad to come home for lunch, but too loud at work to concentrate on reading anything. This season is happy, but it's overwhelming, and I am thankful that we got away for a week this month.


I will try to paws pause and remember to enjoy being here, being healthy, and being so amazingly lucky.



ps. This nifty Buddha Cat came from here: http://bmoussart.blogspot.com/2008/09/new-aceo-buddha-cat.html

4 comments:

actonbell said...

Okay, what's with all the ads?

TLP said...

Dunno about the ads. In fact, I'm not seeing them.

Sorry about that silly old aunt. It happens.

I love the way you write.

actonbell said...

Thanks, Mom :)

Jocelyn said...

Gorgeous piece here. As a runner who relies on her headphones, I appreciated your points.