Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Little Stuff

With me, it's always the little stuff. I don't do big stuff.

However,  made--or I should say assembled--a wreath. Here it is--

Ta-duh....since today is the 165th anniversary of Edgar Allan Poe's death, I've been thinking ravens. And, on Pinterest, I've seen some very cool Poe wreaths. On another site, I saw that some guy made a Baltimore Ravens Wreath with lots of tulle. This is SO cool. At some point, I'd like to make a tulle wreath, but it would take some tutoring. Anyway, this is my okay version, for someone who didn't have a clue what she was doing. The flowers and bird came from The Dollar Tree, while the styrofoam wreath, black-and-white ribbon, and black bow came from Michael's. Actually, I didn't buy enough of the patterned ribbon, so I used some of Mike's black duct tape for the background behind the flowers (hope he doesn't mind). The lace hanging down from the raven was left over from--something I can't remember, and I didn't bother gluing stuff because I have plenty of straight pins. See, this way I can alter it if I decide it sucks.

For instance, perhaps the flowers should have been up one side or the other, not all on the bottom....hmm, wouldn't hurt to have some kind of cat motif on it, as well.


3 comments:

beach lad said...

that is VERY cool.

(and I couldn't spot the duct tape anywhere!!)

TLP said...

Well, I love it! Very cool.

actonbell said...

Thanks, Beach Lad and Mom :)