Sunday, June 01, 2014

Rabbit rabbit, and all that...


Happy June!  Good bye, May of 2014. Fourteen years into the aughts--no, that's not the correct way of putting it--I should say, it's already been thirteen years since the new millennium. Youknowwhatimean; it's not 19-something anymore, and sometimes this still jars me. I'd better get over this. Really, if I live up to my life expectancy, I will have straddled the centuries almost perfectly.

The solstice may occur on June 21st, but since the local school district closes in about 6 days, that will be cultural beginning of summer. It will be a collective exhale for so many people. I got so tired of this past winter that I will try very hard not to complain about humidity this summer.

I chose a magic card bunny because we will be traveling to Cincinnati in a couple days to attend a magic collectors' convention. I'm always game for a road trip, and since we're taking Greyhound, I'm even happier. We don't have anything else planned until September...so, the summer is wide open.

What are you up to?







6 comments:

beach lad said...

it's hard to believe that we are 14 years into this century - seems like the Y2K bug was gonna end the world not that long ago.

actonbell said...

yeah, I almost forgot about that. And I said we were 13 years into the millennium because some purists were quick to state that the year 2000 was actually not the beginning of the new millennium-but, you know what I mean :)

TLP said...

I hope you're having fun right now! I'm sure you are.

Lara is coming down on June 30 (travel day) and staying about a week. That'll be fun for all of us.

Vanessa V Kilmer said...

I have a hard time with the new millennium, too. My grandson will be up from Florida for July & August. I can't wait.

Jocelyn said...

After our crazy hard winter, I vowed that I would NOT complain about any heat this summer. So far, that's been easy, as I'm still under three layers of fleece blankets when I watch tv at night. *dramatic, put-upon sigh*

Oh, and I'm reading SHADOW BABY, thanks to you!

actonbell said...

Thanks, Mom, we did have an excellent time, and I'm so happy to hear about Lara!

Vanessa, it's so good to have something to look forward to.

Jocelyn, I hope you have summer soon, and that you enjoy Shadow Baby :)