Friday, February 28, 2014

Yay!!!

It's the last day of February! And yes, we did have fun in February, but it's also been an unusually cold winter with more snow disruptions than I'm used to, and...well, I'm looking forward to spring even more urgently than last year.

That said, it's a bright and sunny day out there. Very cold, but bright, and I finally put on all that great outdoor running gear I've been gifted with over the years and ran outside. If I put that on Facebook, it would be bragging, so I put it here. And I've just realized that I never put my Pirates of Penzance CD on my computer, speaking of the last day of February.

March is going to greet us with more winter, yes, but it'll be easier to take because it can't last long.


AND today is Friday. I'm looking forward to a couple of days of unfettered reading and doing random--stuff. As the late Kurt Vonnegut said, we are here to fart around. And I do.



Oh, here's a short book review:
The Ocean At The End of the Lane is a gem of a book, mostly because it seems to be such a clear window into the experience of being a child. Gaiman's novel is very adult, and yet, it's told very convincingly in the voice of a seven year old boy. This tale has a distinctive, magical atmosphere.

One of my favorite quotes:

Adults follow paths. Children explore. Adults are content to walk the same way, hundreds of times, or thousands; perhaps it never occurs to adults to step off the paths, to creep beneath rhododendrons, to find the spaces between fences. I was a child, which meant that I knew a dozen different ways of getting out of our property and into the lane, ways that would not involve walking down our drive.”

The storyline flows so nicely that it's hard to put down after beginning. And it's not long, so--go ahead, sit down and enjoy this one!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

So, enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, and happy weekend, even if you must stay inside, as I probably will; we're getting more messy stuff.

Rock on! And now I must get to work...

1 comment:

TLP said...

I had forgotten how I used to creep around under bushes and such. Thanks for this reminder.