Sunday, December 01, 2013

Rabbit, rabbit!

Yes, it's that time again. It's a just-for-fun, quasi-superstitious habit of saying "rabbit, rabbit" on the first of every month for good luck.


It seems that all holiday pictures borrow the trouble of snow, but we have not been subjected to that yet in these parts, and for that I am grateful.

I hope everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving had a pleasant one, and also that the coming holiday season is marked by good times.

We are leaving to go on a cruise very shortly, and therefore we have our shopping done and put the tree up today. Speaking of trees, when I first heard the euphemism "permanent" used in lieu of "fake," I thought it hilarious, but--ours is now twelve years old. So, I suppose it is permanent. We can't slay a real one, since we're leaving town.

It will be nice to get away, though the time has crept up on me this year and I feel somewhat unprepared in a way I can't define. Perhaps it's about Thanksgiving being so late.

So, what's the good news?

Rabbit, rabbit, good luck in December!


5 comments:

Bone said...

My "thing" used to be sending out Christmas cards with a snowman on them. Then I just didn't find any one year, and that tradition ended.

Yes, I think it all feels a bit more rushed with the late Thanksgiving.

Enjoy your cruise. Don't forget to pack your Scrabble dictionary! You're welcome.

Karen said...

If you forget the Scrabble dictionary, just remember Black Jack is fine alternative.

jocelyn said...

I love the rabbit image!

So: where's the cruise to?

We're heading into our third Snow Day, with the whole town shut down, so I like to think Duluth's shouldering the snow for the rest of y'all.

TLP said...

Right now it's wet here, and Sunday it may snow. But you're warm and happy on an island beach.

That makes me happy.

Karen said...

One of these days Nathalie Hoke will TRY to get happy, but nobody here is holding their breath.