Thursday, November 07, 2013

I had all the time in the world to run this morning, but...the rain was coming down, and--for some reason, that always causes me to develop inertia. Strange, we have a treadmill, but I it seems that I must be mentally ready for that.  On the other hand, there's Mike, my poor injured husband who is doing alternative exercise because he can't run outside or on the treadmill, but he gets up every single morning and gives it his all.

This is Thursday morning--so noted, because my computer is running so slow that this will have to be continued later. But heck, I got the vacuuming done this morning, anyway. I hate it when I think blogging will be therapeutic, and then I can't. Should've gotten on the treadmill. (I used to run in the rain.)

Okay, now for the good news: I got this in the mail after buying it on ebay. It's the little things.

This is my new little Xboom speaker, which collapses into an orb that fits into the palm of my hand--and it sounds really good, and it has a rechargeable battery. It is so marvelous, sometimes, to get exactly what you want.

On the bad side, I finally had a chance to watch the movie The Shining after reading it last month. That is never a smart thing to do, and indeed, I turned it off. There's never enough time in a movie for a back story, which is a real shame, because Stephen King wrote it so well. But what really bothered me was that they made Wendy, the mother of the special Danny, a stupid hick, and Shelley Duvall's voice was irritating! And the boy who played Danny was not endearing. Of course, Jack Nicholson is always creepy creepy creepy, which is only part of his character's persona, but at least he did that well. Carrie got a remake, but this is the one that needs it; with today's special effects, it could be awesome. I will get around to The Shining's sequel sometime, but I've got such a long queue.

Speaking of awesome, I'm pretty deep into The Goldfinch, by Donna Tartt. It just keeps happening.

And now I must stop pressing my luck on Blogspot and go off to work...









No comments: