Monday, May 27, 2013

Living in the Past

Third Fence Post

1.) I've been sittin’ here thinkin’ ‘bout leaving,
When I wanted to stay the most;
So I went outside and left a piece of my heart,
Buried by the third fence post.

Chorus: 
And when tomorrow morning comes, 
I’ll be smiling, though I might be a little down;
Though my body’s leaving,
I’ll still be around. 

 2.) I've been sittin’ here thinkin’ ‘bout smiling,
And all the warmth and the love you give;
So I went inside your little house,
And I’m glad this is how you live.
 (chorus)

 3.) I've been sittin’ here thinkin’ ‘bout flowers and sunshine
And happiness and being alive,
Which means I’m dreaming of you
And all the water and mountains,
And plenty of wide open skies.
 (chorus)

 4.) I've been sittin’ here thinkin’ ‘bout crying,
And all the love that is in our hearts,
Which means I’m thinking of you
And all the things that we’ve done,
And I’m glad this is how friends start.

 (chorus)

I've been sittin' here remembering this song, feeling sad about how Girl Scout camps are becoming an endangered species.



Look up your favorite song over at
The Wonderful World of Camp Songs!

(I'm the shortest one standing, in the striped shirt)

3 comments:

beach lad said...

it is indeed a sad thing that such camps appear to be no match for computers & tv.....i kissed my first girl on church camp!!!!

(never saw her again by the way)

Bone said...

Never heard that song, but I like the lyrics a lot.

I only ever made it to one cub scout meeting. While I enjoy the outdoors, it was too many people for my introverted self, I think.

TLP said...

Aw...love that picture. I remember that you really enjoyed the canoe camp.

It is so sad that GS aren't that popular any more. All three of you girls enjoyed the camps.