Sunday, March 03, 2013

March march march

Howdie! A belated Rabbit, rabbit!! to everyone...



Just a couple things that made me chuckle during my relaxing weekend, both from NPR radio shows--the word sequestration seems to be derived from two words--sequester, to separate (a word I will always associate with juries who must tackle high profile, difficult cases), and castration, to have NO BALLS.  Yep. That funny tidbit came from Wait, Wait! Don't Tell Me.


Meanwhile, A Prairie Home Companion included a very funny skit about TMI Airlines, in which the pilot and crew got on the mic and told passengers way too much about their private lives and those of the passengers who may or may not be sitting next to you, too. This prompted me to ponder the fact that I will forever associate TMI with Three Mile Island. Yes, yes, it's been a long time, way back when I was about sixteen, and yet it's ingrained. Hell, no, we don't glow.

Happy first full week of March, everyone!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Sequestration aside, I can't remember if it's Tibbar Tibbar or Barbit Barbit.

Anyway, happy anniversary! But who is Mike? I've always assumed you've married to Ekim for lo these many years.

Karen said...

Forgot to say I haven't seen the Life of Pi either but Ang Lee did win an Academy for Best Director so it must noteworthy whether seen on the Big Screen or not.

Bone said...

I've always wanted to visit TMI. That, and Tacoma Narrows Bridge (TNB?). Is there a tour? A museum or anything?

actonbell said...

Karen, did I blow my hubby's cover? Oops. And thanks, it's been a swell bunch of years. I shoold have said tibbar tibbar cuz I was late:-)

Bone, my 6th grade class toured TMI--and at that time, we were assured that an accident would be impossible! I seriously doubt there are any more such tours happening. Hmm, I don't know of a museum...

TLP said...

I miss the old blogs.

Yeah, TMI is a whole 'nother thang 'round here.

Jocelyn said...

Three Mile Island and TMI? I never put those together before!

I actually would love some spontaneous TMI on a plane flight, over the microphone (and I don't mean Three Mile Island).

Karen said...

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!

beach lad said...

i can remember my parents talking about three mile island and saying thank god we don't have nuclear power in australia - and thank god that we still don't.