Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Carry that weight

This is a three-pound fitness hoop. I went over to Dick's Sporting Goods and purchased one recently and came home all excited and put it together (some assembly required) and started hooping.

First problem: I didn't have one of the joints in just right, so the hoop flew apart while I was twirling to Gloria Estefan. Beer coasters and flamingo parts flew everywhere, but no one got hurt, and after I did properly assemble my hoop, I realized that I could actually turn the beat around and go in the opposite direction!
The added weight of these hoops makes it easier to keep them going, so that I can easily hoop for a solid half-hour.

Second problem: I'm sore and slightly bruised on one hip. I googled this problem as I do all my others, so now I know that lots of people have this reaction, and that what I need to do now is to wait until I'm no longer sore to hoop again. People gradually toughen up and it stops bothering them. Hooping is addictive, so I'm a bit impatient. And maybe I should learn to twirl somewhat above my right hip....







4 comments:

TLP said...

I'm a bit worried about the flamingo parts. Anyone I know?

I knew that you wanted one of those hoops, still mostly have no idea of exactly what they are.

actonbell said...

No one was permanently damaged:-) And you can try out the hoop when you visit!

Bone said...

Like hula-hooping? I can't do that. I could when I was a kid. I don't know what happened. Now it just falls sadly to the ground.

I can, however, relate to the injury. I think I strained my hand playing Google hurdles the other day.

actonbell said...

LOL, Bone:) I sometimes get computer elbow.