Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Beautiful Morning




The old clock radio that lived on my nightstand before I got my iPod is back in service, this time in a rather hidden location in another room. Yes, that's what it took to get me out of bed to do a five mile run at 5am. I'm trying to train myself back into morning mode, since it puts me in a better mood for the rest of the day. It's nice to know that whatever happens at work today, I've got my run in. Running after work is so precarious. The temptation to take a nap, to read just one thing in the paper, to check email--it's awful. I feel like such a failure. Now, if I wanna nap, I can do it without so much guilt, and without skipping the day's run, as I did yesterday.

Since I don't have an opening schedule today, I'm rewarded with lots of time before work. It's a luxury that I don't seem to give myself very often, and I don't know why. I could always lengthen my day just by getting up! Look at all the time I have to waste now. It's glorious.

So, it's one day at a time, and hopefully it will get easier and easier...

Incidentally, today is trash day in these parts, and I've noticed that the guys who work at this sanitation job are always friendly and happy. Is it the quiet morning, and beating the traffic?

In honor of Wednesday, I found an interesting recipe over at Kirbie's Cravings!




Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

Doug Pascover said...

The thought of pizza cupcakes makes me want to run 5 miles.

actonbell said...

hehehehe. Well, there you go...

TLP said...

Interesting concept Doug.

The thought of running makes me ... tired.

I'll just watch. Or, maybe that would make a runner nervous. Okay. I'll do the polite thing: take another nap.

Brava Sharyl. You're the WOman.

actonbell said...

Thanks, Mom, but I must admit to being very sleepy at this point:-)

Bone said...

The last half of your first paragraph describes my every afternoon. But having to be at work by 6 AM, there is no way in the eternal underworld I'd be able to do a morning run.

Maybe it's having a relatively low stress job that makes them happy? I remember I always wanted to be a garbage man when I was a kid.