Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wait for it...


Happy Wednesday to you! Since this particular date is so peculiar, I'll post a leap year bunny picture a day before we say our rabbitses. March sounds so hopeful.

While I'm lounging around my blog, I might as well chat and play catchup with what's going on and whatnot. I just finished reading The Sense of an Ending, by Julian Barnes, and will say that the writing was wonderful, the plot playing second fiddle to Barnes's style and insights. It's almost impossible to communicate much about the plot without giving something away, so I'll leave it at that. Not that everything is ever illuminated.

I'm now reading Under the Black Flag, by David Cordingly, a well-written history book about pirates. Ekim and I are planning on going to the Privateer Festival in Fells Point in April, so this is finally the time to read this. My tour through this book was previously interrupted--it was also a fun choice during that Caribbean cruise we took in December.

Oscar night passed by without my noticing! I totally forgot it was on. But then, it's not exactly the Superbowl. Both should air on Saturdays, in my opinion.

Well, it's getting late here in Growlerland. Happy last day of February, everyone!

".... although for such a beastly month as February,
twenty eight days as a rule are plenty."

- Gilbert and Sullivan, The Pirates of Penzance

7 comments:

Doug said...

Tibbar Tibbar!

actonbell said...

:) Happy March, Doug!

Pearl said...

Under a Black Flag sounds good. I'm currently reading True Story of Ned Kelly, which may have some things in common with what you are reading...

Greetings from Growlerland West (Minneapolis!),

Pearl

Logophile said...

There is a movie with Kevin Kline singing the role of the pirate king and I totally heard that Pirates of Penzance stanza in his voice.

Now that we have a pet rabbit in the house I should be posting his portrait on the first of the month!

Karen said...

barbit barbit

actonbell said...

Hi, Pearl! I will check that one out. Thanks for visiting.

Logo, I could fall in love with Kevin Kline the pirate:)

Karen, happy March!

Bone said...

Confession time: I just said, "I love the bunny picture!" in an excited, high-pitched voice.

I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife.