Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Rabbit, rabbit! Good Luck in November!

Rabbit, rabbit, everyone! Good luck getting those leaves raked into the street before it snows again.

Let's see, besides the snow we had in October, the other little tidbits of my life were Ekim's two-week absence (he was in Shanghai), going to my 30th high school reunion (and I was right; I had no idea what went on), and--reading Bram Stoker's Dracula for the first time. Exciting stuff!

Ekim and I rented a movie called Win Win, which I highly recommend. And, by the way, Alex Shaffer, the young man who played Kyle in the movie, really was the 2010 state champion wrestler in New Jersey at 119 pounds. (In the movie, they really rebel-out his look, giving him wild bleached hair and some ink.)

Mom, Della, and I also went out to see Paranormal Activity 3, which was very well-done. Mom was very pleasantly surprised, since she really did not expect to like it at all. I could not tempt Ekim to join us; he is just now recovering from the jet-lag blues.

And, well, I must confess that I'm filling out an application for another job, plotting to jump ship. Sadly, JaneRussell, the sweetest (and certainly the most FUN) person I work with, is trying to get transferred out of our branch. See a couple posts below...

EKim's birthday is in November, and so is his mom's, so I will be eating well--oh, yeah, and then there's Thanksgiving!

So, whatchaupto?

7 comments:

Doug said...

Rabbit rabbit.

I'm looking for a new job, too. Do you think they'll fill your position when you leave?

Faycin A Croud said...

Rabbit Rabbit.
Here's hoping November won't be too depressing!

actonbell said...

Doug, they'll have to. How 'bout you?

Faycin, Rabbit, rabbit and a pleasant November to you,too!

Logophile said...

November, despite being part of my favorite season and home to one of my favorite holidays, always seem to hold more than its fair share of trouble for us.
I have high hopes that it will be a good November and only bear 1/12 of my annual issues.

Rabbit, rabbit

Karen said...

I forget. When I show up late, is it tibbar tibbar or barbit barbit?

actonbell said...

Logo, may you have a trouble-free November!
Karen, if you forget,it's Tibbar, tibbar:)

TLP said...

I did enjoy the movie, but it scared the livin' sh*t outta me.