Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fictional June


The New Yorker Summer Fiction issue is not to be missed! Really, give it a look...so many different adventures are hiding inside one magazine, including an excerpt of the next novel by Jeffrey Eugenides! It will be called The Marriage Plot. I can hardly wait.

This issue has definitely interrupted my novel reading. And then I discover that Junot Diaz, who also has a short piece in this issue, is revealing what he's reading in June, and tempting me to add a book to the ever-increasing stack that I dream of someday experiencing.

Ann Patchett (Bel Canto), who also has a new book out (State of Wonder), is also bewitching with her own Newsweek Book Bag.

It's such a shame that I must go to work.

Happy reading!

4 comments:

Doug said...

Work gets in the way of a lot of things. I look forward to your review of Patchett's new novel. I adored Bel Canto until the last chapter which made me want to moon her back.

actonbell said...

Yeah, that ending was hard. I won't be getting around to her new one for awhile.

TLP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TLP said...

It is a darn shame that you must go to work.

Reading is what is good for your soul.