Sunday, May 01, 2011

Rabbit, rabbit!



Rabbit, rabbit! Good luck in May. Let's hope it's more flowers than rain, at least here in the east. Our watertable needs to calm down and settle itself or we'll be in soggy trouble. Let the western states have their share of the rain for awhile, especially the places on fire. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could share the weather? Just think, the kids in Mexico City could have a day of snow tubing in exchange for a pool day here...oops, gettin' a bit carried away.

May is here, but there's still plenty of Easter candy hanging around, since Easter didn't make its appearance until the last Sunday of the month, just one day shy of the latest possible date. Those are our Easter baskets. Ekim's is bigger because he needs more calories. Notice that we both, coincidentally, stomped into the same dollar store and bought the same little bunnies as toppers. It's also a remarkable coincidence that I picked a bunny that matched Ekim's basket and candy packages so well, because I was really looking for the gray one, which as you see Ekim did find for my basket. And I'm not good at remembering colors; I was simply going for the manliest color I saw (not pink, yellow, or lavendar).




May is asparagus month. Before you say blek, make sure you try it fresh and steamed. It's pretty good. Asparagus is also in the lily family--who knew? Well, maybe rabbits know.

8 comments:

Faycin A Croud said...

I love those black rabbits. And I love asparagus. Although it makes my whiz smell awful. That's probably WTMI, but apparently it happens to a fair number of people.

actonbell said...

LOL! I've never noticed that, but I'll trade WTMI: apples give me gas. Unless I cook them:)

actonbell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TLP said...

Yes, Faycin, LOTS of us have strange-smelling pee after asparagus. But that's better than gas, right?

Nice baskets acton.

Doug said...

Rabbit rabbit!

Speaking of western weather, I'm already eating fresh steamed asparagus from my garden.

Quack Birder said...

Rabbit, rabbit!

Logophile said...

I love asparagus!
Sometimes my honey broils it brushed with browned butter and balsamic vinegar.
YUM!

tsduff said...

That Doug is quite the braggart isn't he? Tee hee - Rabbit Rabbit - I'm eating roasted asparagus fresh from my garden to woo hooo! I just keep snapping off the stems until mid summer when I let a few grow out; they become a beautiful whispy bush which turns orangey yellow in the fall.

Beautiful lily picture!