Monday, February 28, 2011

Last Day!

The weekend went by too quickly, partly because I had to work on Saturday, something I haven't had to do in a very long time. Saturdays are different. Zany people come into the bank on Saturdays to use the coin counter, use the restroom, ask unusual questions, and leave their weird trash and stuff on the check writing station.



In fact, this past Saturday, someone actually called to tell us that he'd left his weird stuff on the check writing station. "Yo, I left a pepper on the back counter--man, don't let anyone eat that, cuz it's really hot!" Boy, am I grateful for that call, because I'm always eating stuff people leave behind on public countertops.* It's also a constant surprise, what people will actually tell you. A bus driver came in to cash his check and asked me, "this won't show up on my statement, will it? Can I just have my statement stopped? I don't want my wife to know how much I make." Oh, and then there was the guy trying to cash a check made out to himself and Charlene, but his joint account listed himself and Suzanne. He explained that Suzanne was his girlfriend and Charlene was his wife. And then someone tried to insert his two dollar bills into the coin counter, while someone else's kid thought that the ATM machine was the coin counter.



We should decorate the place to look like the circus it is. Big Top Saturdays!



Don't forget to do your Rabbitses tomorrow!

*Yes, there really was small pepper to be found on the check writing station.

3 comments:

Doug said...

Funny. You must keep fidelity in your vault.

TLP said...

Okay. You got me. I am laughing so hard right now. I have to read this to your father.

Ariel the Thief said...

They don't even try to lie about it? Or if THESE are the lies, someone'd better call Steven Seagal to take care of the problem...