Friday, January 21, 2011

Surprise!

I actually thought about getting up before my alarm tweet told me! It's only 7am and I've already scraped that stupid coating of snow off the driveway and vacuumed the house! It's nice to be awake. Don't you wish everyone were?

New Year's resolutions are made to be broken, so I didn't make any. That said, though, my energy level and total motivation have been so lacking that I have set my sights on running just three miles every single day--it doesn't take half an hour, so it CAN be done. Once I've accomplished this, perhaps I can move on from that--or not. With my chronically achy knees, perhaps I should add other forms of exercise, such as strength training and stretching, instead of more running. I could evolve.

Ekim did not have a heart attack, by the way.

4 comments:

Faycin A Croud said...

I have sciatica and exercises with impact don't work out for me. I work out in the therapy pool at work. I can do so many things there that I can't do on land--like jumping.
I wish I felt like it was nice to be awake. I really don't. I'm very lonely and I tend to wish I could just go back to sleep for good.

Doug said...

Wait. What about the heart attack?

tsduff said...

3 miles per day? WOW, that sounds quite ambitious... especially running~ I'm lucky if I can actually do the 3 mile walk at the reservoir without collapsing. Jolly good.

Nessa said...

I am so glad Ekim did not have a heart attack.