Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weighty Issues

Ever since I started purchasing music from iTunes, I've been worried about what will happen when we get a new computer. I'll have to back up all those purchases, I suppose, on a CD. I could also store some of my music on my ipod and transfer them the other way...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several years ago, in 199?, I went to a podiatrist and got custom orthotics, and now those orthotics sure do need resurfacing. Refurbishing. And Ekim just got me new running shoes (he was out shopping and saw my shoes on sale, and got them. My current shoes are in bad shape.) Since I'm making this shoe transition, it's really tempting to just give up the orthotics, because really, I'm not sure they ever really did much for me, and having them repaired will take at least two weeks. Heck, after two weeks, I might be accustomed to their absence. And once you put orthotics in a shoe, you're committed; they make such a heavy indentation in the shoe. It seems to me that the nightly ibuprofen is probably all I need.


Must be nice to be so swift of foot and not need running shoes. Roadrunners cross the road to get to the other side as quickly as possible before scary predators get them. This one's going to relax with a nice, tasty whateveritis he has in his mouth. And yes, I've heard of Christopher McDougall's book, Born to Run, about the Tarahumara Indians, but I will never ever be a barefoot runner. I might check out the book, though. It sounds incredibly interesting, and I understand it is a now a movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That reminds me: I should get up and take the new shoes for a whirl.

4 comments:

TLP said...

Nothing worse than hurting feet really.

Doug said...

Hurting talons, TLP.

I sometimes get visited by a road runner. That's as close as I get to a runner.

actonbell said...

Mom, the short run was good. The first quarter mile or so felt strangely--low, but then I was fine. No aches and pains. We'll see how it goes tomorrow morning.

Doug, heh, I hardly ever see rr's, and when I do, I'm not sure what I saw. It was all a blur.

Faycin A Croud said...

I used to live in New Mexico. The state bird is the road runner.