Sunday, November 07, 2010

All because I followed a tangent...

It's incredibly lucky to live in such a safe place.

Imagine, all manner of things could happen to us in other places.


The lawlessness in some places would sure be scary!



It's also a blessing that we respect and take care of our natural areas and parks.



We also have more leisure time than most people on earth--to have fun!


And it's such a good thing that we have such a high literacy rate.


We also have freedom of speech, and our elected officials listen to us.


And we all try so hard to be considerate of our neighbors' feelings.


So it seems that we really shouldn't complain...


HA! That's just crazy talk. Like we're gonna stop complaining about the weather, the traffic, other people's manners, the price of gas, the price of food, the price of clothes? Oh, and I forgot about work--that's a rough one, because no one wants to go work, but no one wants to be without it, either. And not having enough time for car trouble, homework, being sick, cooking dinner, going to meetings, or exercising. And not wanting to get up today, do laundry, vacuum, take out the trash, or repair stuff.
However, we must remember that it is our good fortune to be able to better ourselves in any way we'd like.

This takes time, of course. Rome wasn't built in a day.






8 comments:

Doug said...

I love it. That was fun.

Logophile said...

Ooooooooh

good stuff there!

Thing Two did NOT understand why I found that Lego™ so funny.

Ah well

TLP said...

Thanks! That was my wonderful laugh for the day.

Good post sweetie.

Nessa said...

That was fun. We are very lucky to have the freedom to whine and moan.

Did you see the new Sherlock on PBS?

actonbell said...

Thank you, Mom and Doug.
Logo, I snatched that picture over at Found Shit, I love that site.
Nessa, I did not see the new Sherlock! I must check that out. PBS is one of the channels I get, too.

Fat Free Milk said...

Yego. Lum!

Bone said...

I wanna play with Legos now. And ride a double-decker bus.

Anonymous said...

Reusing a bunch of shitty image macros is a good way to make yourself look like a mature, intelligent individual.