Thursday, August 05, 2010

yeah, yeah




There are no secrets anymore, except that I have sort of lost my sweet tooth. It's not enough that I've become longer of tooth, mind you. No one at work has an unknown birthday, and as much as I try to fly under the radar, it's almost certain that someone will bring in something sweet that I will have to eat.

And that would be a kind gesture, but I hope there's just a card. That would be less awkward, so that's my little birthday wish.

Birthday anxiety? No, and I'm not upset about being 47, and I will enjoy going out for dinner tonight, and I certainly enjoy the gifts. It would be insane not to like going out to dinner and getting stuff!

The most difficult thing is to remember how old I am. Forty-what? I'm losing track. Forty-seven is such a boring number. Yeah, I know there's a 47 Society for people who keep seeing 47 everywhere. There's a facebook page for these people, but of course. And I think many of us remember a certain blogger who was born on 4/7.

Hey, wait, this thought just in: someday, if I'm lucky, I'll live to be 85, and that will occur on 8/5, just like all my other birthdays! I'm so smart. Not everyone has a chance at that. I don't think Mom wants to ever be 1130, nor would Aral want to be 1030, and I doubt 3D would enjoy being 829. Heck, I might not enjoy 85. We shall see.

85? Where was I going with this? It's a little early to be having this problem. Anyway, have a great weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

Doug said...

I think its possible that I'll turn 1112 the same year TLP turns 1130 so we can celebrate our platinum birthdays together. And you're right, what do you suppose ever became of Sar?

Happy birthday, I wish you a discrete birthday card with a cat on it.

Jim said...

♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday Dear ActionBell,♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

That's pretty good singing for me. I don't sing out loud since the Methodist choir director asked me not to sing in his choir.

Again, Happy Birthday, ActionBell!
Have a nice day and many more BDays! :)
..
That comment is on Doug's blog too. I do hope you have a nice day.

Don't let them bug you about getting old. When you get old like I am you can just run away on your birthday like I do. No more celebrations, no more presents, just cards (when I come back from running away!).

85 and 83 ARE old. That may too old as you may not physically be capable of running away. DO IT, STARTING NOW! You can take someone with you, I have done that more often than not.
..

Ariel the Thief said...

Happy Birthday, Actonbell!!! I lost track after 30, I have to think anytime I am asked. 34. No! 38. No, no, that will be next year, 37. Oh no, 38, 38! Good way to mislead your enemies in case they were afraid of your brain... ;)

Ariel the Thief said...

Someone told about that 93 year old lady who was just back from one her solo journeys she enjoys so much. She was 85 when first rode a horse. She was asked, hey, do you wanna ride? She said, sure.

TLP said...

Happy day sweetie!

I hope that they don't make a fuss over you at work. I know that you don't like attention.

actonbell said...

Thanks, y'all!

They did sneak up on me and throw confetti & stuff, but there was no obligatory cake. That was nice.

Nessa said...

I am glad you got your birthday wish. Happy belated Birthday. You can console yourself with the thought that you are younger than I am.

Blooming Psycho said...

Happy birthday. Half of me wishes I'd lose my sweet tooth, the other half thinks that sounds like a fate worse than death! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.