Sunday, August 08, 2010

An Ordinary Week in Review

I had two weekdays off this past week. Not in a row, but that's okay, because I had a three-day weekend. On my nonconsecutive day off, I actually went to the pool, which is obligatory for the summer, and even managed to get a little bit of a burn. That's okay, too, because it didn't hurt.



I spent the rest of the weekend reading and bidding on stuff on Ebay. I'm quite the Ebay junkie, especially when I have birthday money. One thing I keep looking for is manual, or wind up Timex watches. You could call it a fixation. I've currently got three whole minutes left before my auction on one of these precious old watches ends, and I'm tempted to bid on another. I will fight the urge, because this is crazy. It's good to have a back up watch, though, because these collectors are nuts; they'll bid on watches that don't run. Sure, some of these nutcases are looking for parts so they can tinker with the old Timexes they already have. One of the most watched auctions is a lot of about fifty random old watches that may or may not work that are missing random parts or have random problems.



How do I know these auctions are being heavily watched? Just hope over to Ace or Collector's Weekly, where you can gawk at some of this stuff. I'm guessing that the sellers give these sites some inside information.



Hey, I got it! Not that I'm obsessed, or anything.


It's all just in fun. Really.


Did you have a good weekend?

7 comments:

Doug said...

If you already know when there's three minutes left in the timex auction, you don't really need to win, do you?

Nessa said...

I have a few old wind up watches that don't work. Can I retire on them?

TLP said...

Love the panda pix!

I knew that you e-bay a lot, but I had no idea that you were especially into the wind-up watches. I'm so unobservant.

Yay! You got the bid.

I tried to hope over, but had to hop instead.

Bone said...

I sold my cassettes at a yard sale recently. Part of me wondered if I should have checked eBay to see what they were going for. It's probably best that I don't look now.

Mama Zen said...

Congratulations on winning the auction!

Logophile said...

I own about 4 watches and I never wear one.
Since my cell has a clock I just use it, which means if I am out of service I am also out of time.
Never have that issue with a manual Timex, would you?
Ah well
love that panda,
he's so FLUFFY!!

Nina permata sari said...

....................NICE.^_^v...............