Thursday, July 01, 2010

Rabbit, rabbit!!

Rabbit, rabbit, good luck in July, everyone! I chose this picture because I'm hoping to have more energy this month. Hoping to be hopping. Groan.

Try to make sure that you have a rabbity rabbity good day, cuz this only happens once a month. There are some things that happen once a month that are dreadful, but this isn't one of them. Years ago, I was in the National Guard, and I must say that I did not look forward to that once a month meeting. Back when I worked in the evil warehouse, moving books around, I knew there were lots of people who began to curse getting a book every month. Oh, yeah, and we have evening staff meetings once a month at work. Nothing MANDATORY is ever fun. And then there are those monthly bills.

On the other hand, the full moon only comes once a month, and that's pretty cool. Well, some people say that weird stuff happens then, but I think a full moon's pretty. This month, which is July (believe it or not), we will see the Full Buck Moon on the 25th.

Lots of magazines come monthly, and some of them are a real treat to receive, possibly because they don't come every week. After all, National Geographic might take a busy person a month to get through.

LibraryThing gives away Early Reviewer books once a month, and I look forward to looking at the monthly selections, and then waiting to hear whether or not I snagged one.

Note: Bugs Bunny turns 70 this month. July is Anti-Boredom Month, and also Ice Cream Month, Baked Bean Month, Blueberry Month, Hot Dog Month, and TODAY is Build a Scarecrow Day. And however you do that is your business.

If I were to eat a hotdogs, baked beans, blueberries, and ice cream every day, I would not look like a scarecrow.




There will be butt one full moon in July

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S. I managed to make it through another novel. The Year of the Flood, by Margaret Atwood, revisits the tale told in Oryx and Crake, but this time, we get to read the news from another point of view. They are both fascinating reads, and I highly recommend them. And not to worry, neither book is as depressing as The Road. These two novels are actually what I'd call science fiction, though that might not be everyone's opinion. This seems to be my year for reading apocalyptic tales.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The featured beer this month at ABC is Hinterland Hefe Weizen. I don't like wheat beers, but I threw that out there, anyway.

What's on tap where you are?

10 comments:

Cheesemeister said...

Rabbit rabbit. If I were to hang a full moon, it would take up the entire sky. I need to work on looking a little more like a scarecrow.

Doug said...

Rabbit rabbit! I'm leaving for Indiana tonight and whatever's on tap is liable to be inexpensive.

actonbell said...

Cheesemeister, you may as well do things right! I hear the moon's made of cheese.

Indiana wants you, Doug? Have a good time!

TLP said...

Great post! Lots of laughs, and information.

Rabbit Rabbit!

Nessa said...

Rabbit, rabbit.

I'm not much of a beer drinker but i do like a very cold Guinness Dark every once in a while.

tsduff said...

Very nice post! Manana Manana.

I love Blue Moon - but since I've recently developed a gluten sensitivity I can no longer indulge in wheat beer :(

~Karen said...

Very nice post! Mañana Mañana.

I love Blue Moon with an orange slice.

Quack Birder said...

Rabbit, rabbit! Just had Dog Fish Head IPA today. Pretty good.

actonbell said...

Hi, Mom! Have a great weekend:)
Nessa, Guinness is great. Oh my goodness my Guinness.
Terry, well at least there's IPAs?
Karen, I've never tried it with an orange slice--sounds refreshing.
Lara, that's good stuff!

Logophile said...

I cannot believe I have missed a month's worth of posts.
Good grief!