Friday, June 11, 2010

Who the heck is Robert Orben?

So, today's cryptogram was pretty easy. The quote, that is, not the name, so much. See, the name "Robert Orben" contained the only e's and r's in the whole puzzle, which is unusual, in my mind.

So, when I got home, of course I googled. Imagine my surprise when I found out that he is listed as a magician, actor, and joke writer. Ekim informs me that we've seen him sometime in the past at Magic Collectors' Weekends. Huh. Sounds so--senior of me; not only is the author associated with magic, but I've seen and heard him speak. This would be the only time, then, that I've met a cryptoquote.

Well, the cryptogram quote was boring, but Orben had some mighty fine ones, in my little opinion. Here are just a few or three examples--

Never raise your hand to your children; it leaves your midsection unprotected.
Quit worrying about your health. It'll go away
.
Don't think of it as failure. Think of it as time-released success.




Blah, blah, blah. What do expect from a woman with nothing to write about and nothing new to protest?

Actually, I do believe that God hates flags. Oh, and this picture came from Found Shit. It's a fascinating time-eater.

8 comments:

TLP said...

Nice post. Made me smile. I protest prisons on the moon. We don't own the moom. Yet.

I need another time-waster, so I'm going to check out Found Shit.

Word verifier is subsess. Time-released failure I guess.

Nessa said...

I found Waldo. I shit you not.

:)

Nessa said...

The ring finger grossed me out.

TLP said...

Agreed Nessa. I stopped at the ring finger pix.

Jocelyn said...

I love a good one-liner.

So I'll leave it there, at one line, as I head to Found Shit.

Logophile said...

That first quote made me think of another I like.
"Don't hit a child, no, really, don't. They have guns now."

Bone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bone said...

Cryptoquotes are like roller skating and crawling through driveway culverts for me. Things I used to be able to do, but can't anymore.

Do you use scratch paper?