Thursday, June 10, 2010

An earful

All those ear worms I've been having, such a far cry from Joshua Bell and Friends. How cool was that, last night, to hear him play with the ghost of Rachmaninoff? Technology allows him to take an old recording of the master at the piano to create a player-piano effect, so that there appears to be an invisible pianist accompanying Joshua. Not only that, but the original violinist was removed from the recording, allowing our modern virtuoso to take his place.


Joshua also did a version of Eleanor Rigby with a young pianist he met in Vegas that I believe even my younger sister would find worthy.

Every once in awhile, we actually catch something beautiful on television on that one night we tune in.

5 comments:

Doug said...

Pretty cool. Who's Joshua Bell?

TLP said...

LOL Doug. You mean to say that I know something that YOU don't???

tsduff said...

That looks like one of the ghosts in the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland.

actonbell said...

Doug, he's Alexander Graham Bell's great-great-grandson.

Mom, you know...

Terry, I bet you're right. I miss that place.

Nessa said...

This sounds really cool.