Thursday, May 06, 2010

May as well go to bed

I really don't know what to litter this blog with, lately. I'm in such a dull place, mentally. Not that I can complain about anything, it's just that the days are dawning, then the days are ending, and everything's fine, nothing's changing, but something's missing in the interesting department. But again, that's nothing to complain about.

I've just started running again, and it's more than obvious that it's been awhile. Somehow, though, it's not as alarming a development as I'd expected. I will get up and move tomorrow, but I am not moved by any discernable ambition.

We visit friends, as we did this past weekend, and I enjoy listening to what they have going on, but I don't have much to add. I start to feel so lazy. A few days ago, we visited Judy and Richard, a couple of people we haven't seen since our weddings in 1989. They've been through a lot: lots of jobs, homes, circumstances, family events, and having children. It was really fascinating to listen to.

Ekim and I have lived such tranquil lives, compared to our friends, and not just because we didn't have children. Actually, The Stable Award goes to Ekim, who has had the same job since he graduated from college. He's the only person I know (approximately our age) who can say this. We've also lived in the same place for about 20 years. I've been through a few jobs, but the other things have stayed put.



Speaking of stable, there's no way to know if we're found the best kind of stable, but we've been very content. I suppose I could work on being more interesting, but I'd better be careful not to wish for exciting events. They could be scary...

Sweet dreams.

8 comments:

Doug said...

Maybe if you complained about something, filling the blog would come easily.

Melody said...

There is nothing wrong with being content. You may wish for something exciting every once in a while but then you never know if it is going to be good or bad. Being content is wonderful. However, if you do want to add some wpice to you life try just changing your routine a little. When i want to do something different I have taken to going to a new park. Taking some pictures, or even just a walk through the woods. Picture taking is a good way to pass time and a good conversation peice expecially if you happen to have your camera when something exciting or gorgeous occurs!

Jocelyn said...

You're actually living the dream, in many ways. There is much about contentment that can be explore, in conversing with others, so don't feel that it's not worthy.

Here's a question: do YOU feel like you need more? If so, is it something as easy as adding in a new volunteering opportunity or joing a group? If it's more, what? If it's all good as is, then rest easy.

Logophile said...

My honey did the same job for 20 years and since that time has had a great deal less "stable" time.
Stability, with contentment, is great gain.

Bone said...

I always feel like that when I run into people I haven't seen in awhile. I never seem to have anything to add as far as what's been going on in my life.

It's mostly the same old same old, which is fine by me.

TLP said...

New and exciting can be good, but is often .... not so good.

Karen said...

I think you need to try being more interesting, A-Bell. There's a remote possibility it just might work for you.

Ariel the Thief said...

I admit I don't give a sh*t what you write about, Actonbell, I just love reading your writings whatever they are about. Professional writers and writer-wanna-be's would resurrect their dead mothers and sell them for your secret.

Do you wish you had done things differently?