Saturday, May 01, 2010

Rabbit, rabbit!

Rabbit, rabbit, good luck in May, everyone! And--Happy May Day! We are off to Philadelphia today to visit friends we haven't seen in about twenty years. It will be fun and interesting.

It's supposed to get way up in the 80's here today, as if it were summer. Goodness, I don't know how to act. I'm out of my boot, and will be running in about a week. Summer awaits us!

Oh, and remember: if you should forget to say "rabbit, rabbit" upon your awakening, just say "tibbar, tibbar." This should do the trick nicely.

I'm writing on the eve of this, as usual, but this time I have a bad cold, so I made sure to take a shot of tequila before grocery shopping, and had wine for dinner, and also an antihystamine, so you'd think I'd be droppingovfa but no buttithink ui'll stay upabit loner.

10 comments:

Lila said...

Rabbit, rabbit! Have a fun trip!

Doug said...

Tibbar, tibbar. Good luck this summer. And this morning.

TLP said...

Rabbit rabbit! So howdaya feel this day? Wee headache?

TLP said...

Forgot to say I hope you have fun today. It is indeed VERY hot.

Jocelyn said...

A shot of tequila before shopping sounds like a dream I never knew how to have.


This business of seeing folks after 20 years is a big deal. I hope you'll write about it, afterwards.

Logophile said...

Making tequila would make me more fond of shopping.

Is it just the one before?
or should I bring a flask?

tsduff said...

Tibbar Tibbar - um, tequila is my fave (gluten free too!).

Sorry about your sniffles - but hey, if you gotta have em, might as well make the most of it!

Ariel the Thief said...

Tibbar, tibbar! I love your way of cure.

EcoRover said...

I grew up in an Irish American family. Gramps would hoist his coffee at the breakfast table with the cheer, "Hooray, hooray, it's the first of May. Outdoor [bleep] starts today!" I think the May Pole (and rabbits, like their procreativity for Easter) was somehow part of the old Celtic rites, too.

Melody said...

Wow visiting friends in Philadelphia. Was it a trip or do you reside near there? I live reight outside phila. Its a small world! By the way, Just wanted to let you know I got your blog from the bloggers group on LT. I am not just some random stranger lol.