Vanessa ofChrysalis Stage fame has kindly brought attention to Enchanted Oak's blog posting, and I will follow suit and quote it:
Today and Sunday, I’d like to celebrate the simple pleasures of life with you. For each person who participates with a list, a poem, or a prose piece about the joy of simple things, my family will donate $2.00 to Heartline Ministries for their medical clinic and other programs in Haiti. The Heartline Ministries blog by John McHoul will tell you more about what they are doing.
Post your piece this weekend and include a link to my blog. Then pop in here to say you’ve posted your “Simple Things.” Post by midnight, Pacific time, Sunday, and don’t forget to link with me and notify me that you’ve posted. You can borrow the “Simple Things” photo. If you don’t have a blog, a comment on my blog will count too if you tell me so.
Let’s keep those blessings flowing.
Here are some of my simple things:
1. An evening among friends and family, sharing food and drink
2. An afternoon at the movies
3. A cold beer
4. Good health; no headaches, flu, or sore throat
5. Music, all kinds of music
6. Good reading, such as novels and the Sunday paper
7. Being warm
9. Snow throwers (I have bad memories of all that shoveling)
10. Spare time!SuperBowl Sunday seems to have become a bonafide national holiday, so I hope everyone has the spare time tonight to get together with family and/or friends and enjoy what should be one of the most simple of pleasures, good company. And food. These are moments to be savored and to feel grateful for.