Monday, February 01, 2010

Rabbit, rabbit!!

Good luck in February, everyone!


February's full moon, called the snow moon, will not occur until February 28th. I'm hoping there won't be snow to greet the snow moon, but will try to keep my chin up, if that happens. After all, the day after that will be March, and here I go, wishing my life away.

Our latest Netflix adventure was Food, Inc., which was as fascinating and scary as I expected it to be. The film featured Eric Schlosser, of Fast Food Nation fame. I like him. He doesn't seem sensational or prone to exaggeration, and he's rather quiet spoken.

Before that, we watched Carriers, a film I added to our queue because I read a rave review written by Stephen King. (And King writes so well!) It is indeed a good film about an epidemic, but not at all like 28 Days Later. The latter was also exceptional, but in a very different way: it was an action-horror film set in Britain, whereas Carriers was set in the U.S. and took on a more philosophical and emotional tone, instead of edge-of-your-seat type action. 28 Days Later was probably much harder to make, and it is a film I'll never forget for its stark images of a London with no visible people in so many of its famous locations. It also provides two different endings, but I confess that I was too drained to watch the second one. Carriers has a more ambiguous ending, which is very appropriate for its plot. Both films are well worth seeing. And I probably shouldn't even be comparing them, but--in my mind, I couldn't help doing so.

In the northeast, we've experienced an epidemic of fiercely cold weather, which I hope will end very soon. We'd just gotten that warm teaser, which made it even harder to take. Did the squirrels go back to sleep after chasing each other around for a couple days? Hmm, I don't know.

There's not much else to report yet, in my life. Someone has introduced me to Lexulous, an online Scrabble game, and that is my most current addiction. Losing at Scrabble to someone else besides Ekim! Too much fun.

Happy Monday, happy February 1st. How's it going?

7 comments:

Doug said...

Haha, are there many different flavors of smugness?

Rabbit rabbit!

Tom & Icy said...

Rabbit rabbit!

TLP said...

Rabbit rabbit! It has been a weary winter for sure. But, the days are getting longer and the warmth will return with the sun.

Nessa said...

Rabbit, Rabbit

Time to howl for the things we want.

Ariel the Thief said...

Rabbit, rabbit!

Logophile said...

rabbit, rabbit to you!

I love that picture.
I haven't seen either of those movies. I am currently reading 4 or 5 books and I really ought to try focusing on finishing ONE of them.

sigh

Maybe I should just go play online scrabble instead.

Bone said...

I play Lexulous :)