Saturday, November 21, 2009

You Bloody Fool!

Moi? I say, in perfect f*cking French. Hark, who would be calling me names? Well, there's always a bloody ghost, isn't there? And you'll be surprised to find out whose ghost it is...


Christopher Moore has all kinds of hilarious, sarcastic fun with Shakespeare's King Lear in his newest novel, Fool.



The main character in this laugh fest is a tiny jester named Pocket, and he certainly tumbles his way into the reader's heart as he juggles with the lives of so many. It's a tangled web that traps more than just bits of King Lear.

I liked it better than Lamb. But then, I'm more familiar with Shakespeare than--religious stuff. I highly recommend this novel for anyone who is in the mood for a funny read!

Nessa wrote a very nice review of Fool, beating me by more than a month.

6 comments:

Nessa said...

I really did enjoy this book. Very silly funfest. And there's a ghost.

Silly Saturday #7 - Charm or Chores?

Doug said...

He sounds Pratchetty. Don't tell Minka I said that.

Cheesemeister said...

looks like fun. OH do I wish I could have a pint right about now. But I have to work. :-(

actonbell said...

There is, Nessa:)

I won't, Doug. Honest.

Cheese, it's Sunday morning and--I have to go to work in a bit. *sigh* I'm working for the wrong company...

TLP said...

Sounds great! I just finish Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and loved it. You do give me the very best books.

123 123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.