Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Penultimate of September...


...and golly, gee, it's Banned Book Week, and I forgot...September 26-Oct 3. This is a time to celebrate our freedom to read whatever we want and to remember the importance of the First Amendment.
I also just learned that both Audrey Niffenegger and Margaret Atwood have new books coming out. Niffenegger's new novel is Her Fearful Symmetry, and the release date is TODAY, and Atwood's is The Year of the Flood, released on September 22nd.
Right now, however, I'm addicted to a certain short story collection, and then it will be time to read an intriguing mystery which was chosen by our book group. It's nice to have stuff to look forward to!

4 comments:

Nessa said...

Reading is the best!

Doug said...

I have to say, I really like the name "Niffenegger."

TLP said...

Reading makes living our lives possible.

When my sisters and I were kids, we read all the time. Escape.

Reading makes it possible to live many lives, instead of the one fairly boring one we are all in.

Jocelyn said...

I'm so out of watching new releases that I had no idea two of THE BEST have new books out. I'm on it.