Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Wow

Just imagine, I've lived this long without ever hearing of Cappodocia, and without giving too much thought about why people would spend their precious vacation time traveling so far away.





Cappadocia, Turkey, is known for its underground cities, "fairy chimneys," and balloon tours during which people can ooo and aaaaaaaaaah over this region's landscape.




Doesn't this look cozy?


The history of this region is as rich as its color. The Silk Road traversed this area.

So, now I understand.

11 comments:

Doug said...

WOW

Tom & Icy said...

Fascinating.

Nessa said...

I'd go there.

TLP said...

And you learned of this place, how??? Looks very interesting indeed.

Sean P. Farley said...

That looks more than cozy, that looks like I could LIVE there! So much better than my 4 unit apartment buidling in Escondildo...excuse me, Escondido. God I hate it here.

Jocelyn said...

You've just taken me back twenty years to when I did first hear of this place...and have since forgotten...and now you've reminded me, and I have a new place in the world besides Machu Pichu to aim towards visiting.

Siobhán said...

Wow.
Have you been?
Are you going?

ReesePie said...

WOW. That is amazing.

Fred said...

I've read about this in a few of my textbooks, but have never seen any pictures. I agree with the others. Wow.

Bone said...

How very cool!!

Makes me think of how I always wanted to live in the Smurf village.

TC said...

I'd never heard of that! Now I want to go, like tomorrow!