Friday, May 15, 2009

Welcome to the middle of May

Today may be called the Ides of May, the middle of May, or just plain Friday. Friday! It's the beginning of the weekend, when all those things I keep thinking about doing still seem possible. A day looking forward to the next two days, full of possibilities.

There haven't been many inches here dedicated to my current job recently, and I suppose that's because things are rather smooth and dull for me. That does not mean that there is no high drama taking place, it just means that I am blissfully not involved. A couple of my coworkers have ranted and filled my ears with various outrages, and I do sympathize, I really do--but after all the jagged stress and even hated I felt every single day in The Warehouse from Hell, I'm not willing to own another problem. Ever.

Ennui has made more gamblers than avarice, more drunkards than thirst, and perhaps as many suicides as despair. Buddha

I am doing a pretty good job at staying in my tranquil place, thankyouverymuch. No outstanding worries at this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For those Beatles fans, May 15, 1970, was the day that their last LP, Let it Be, was released in the US.



funny-pictures-cat-needs-his-medicine
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Hey, whatever gets you through the night...it's alright, alright. But I'd love to know what this stuff is.

5 comments:

Doug said...

Boredom may cause drinking, gambling and suicide but it's still better than drama.

Doug said...

Oh, and happy weekend!

TLP said...

Yep. Most things are better than drama.

Bone said...

when all those things I keep thinking about doing still seem possible.

Ah, that's a lovely thought. Much better than how I'll feel on Sunday evening as the last few hours of the weekend slip away and I realize how little I accomplished.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I like it when I have no idea what is going on at work. When I have no idea what is going on, it means I am not involved. People try to suck me into involvement - but I just say "LA LA LA LA LA LA CANT HEAR YOU IN MY HAPPY PLACE YOU ARE NOT INVITED LA LA LA LA" until they go away.

Saturday kicks off National Safe Boating Week.