Friday, May 08, 2009

Meme

Siobhán taged me for a meme! I'm really late with this because I'm lame and slow, but--here it goes. I'm supposed to be succinct.

Current obsession? My new bicycle

Favorite clothing? jeans

Dinner today? frozen seafood enchiladas

Listening? Cole Porter (soundtrack to DeLovely and also Ella Fitzgerald's recordings)

Message to tagger? You're so lucky to be from the land of Guinness

Favorite vacation? Maya Riviera region of Mexico

Reading? The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields

Me in 4 words? Quiet, introverted, lush, eater

Guilty pleasure? McDonald's

Spring? warmer weather, sunshine!!!

Looking forward to... spending time with my mother on Sunday!
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
Caption: Cat spit was good enough for my mother, and it's good enough for me.

If you're reading this, I hope you do this meme. It's easy and fun! Thank you for tagging me, Siobhan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On my way home from work today (Friday), my itty bitty car started to sound like a pickup truck. Loud. Since Ekim beat me home, I kept it running in the driveway, and had him come and take a look. The exhaust pipe is rusted clear through. Wonderful, wonderful. Saturday will be Nocartoday. I suppose it's a lucky thing it happened over a weekend.

Have a great Saturday!

13 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh, you've taken me back now to THE STONE DIARIES. I read it many years ago and subsequently recommended it to everyone I knew. In fact, Carol Shields should pay ME a royalty.

Hope your truck lives.

Jocelyn said...

And, er, by "truck," I mean "car that sounds like one."

The Lazy Iguana said...

you know, people pay good money for mufflers that make their car louder. Now is a good time to sell it to some kid, claiming you "hopped it up".

I remember when I bought my bicycle. I would ride it daily. That ended after some time. I still ride it however. I paid like $500 or $600 for it. It is a NICE bike. A bicycle fit for a self respecting adult. It has disk brakes and everything. Snazzy.

The cat picture is pretty funny. You see, yesterday I had to give Sake the long haired Siamese looking cat a bath. She gets dirty.

The Lazy Iguana said...

By the way - my pick up truck is quiet. The muffler is still intact. it does not make any more noise than any other properly running car.

Why must you disparage pickup trucks?

Doug said...

Ahh, you can braze that exhaust pipe.

Quiet, introverted, lush, eater- no wonder you're one of my favorite people.

Nessa said...

You can take a beer can, cut off both ends and cover the hole. I did that once. It works; D

Have fun with mommy.

TLP said...

Mama used to use spit to wash spots off my face. I never did that. Did I????

JAllgood said...

Love the bicycle U tube! I've been averaging 11 miles a day on the bike prepping for LRRH in June. Working towards being a Road Marshal for the 80 mile extension. How's the training coming along?

I've used a beer can for a muffler before, but that was before the thin cans they make now. As my mom would say just turn up the radio then you won't notice it.

TLP said...

Yesterday I couldn't get the video to play right. today it's fine. Good one.

Fred said...

Good thing you have the bicycle now that the car is on the fritz.

Hope you had a great Mother's Day with TLP!

Scarlet W. Blue said...

HEY! I'm a lush, too!

weirsdo said...

My Saturday was not wonderful; I blame it on Wagner.
Thanks for the glimpse into your life.

Thiruppathy Raja said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing.
Truck Mufflers