Monday, April 13, 2009

In honor of August


In honor of my future birthday, which will actually be here in August, I got a new bike this weekend to enjoy all through the spring and summer. If it's possible to have a crush on an object, I do. A few people I work with want to participate in an annual fundraiser for MS which involves riding 25, 50, 75, or 100 miles. Hmm, most of them want to do 50, and I don't think I'm in shape for that, but now that I have a bike, and can make it a goal.

And it is green around here, even if the weatherwonks say we need more rain.



The wind wouldn't stay still for me, but this is our front maple tree, budding.


Ekim and I had a wonderful weekend. I ate way too much, but it was fun. On Saturday, Mom made a dinner with lamb and mint jelly, and on Sunday, Ekim's mom made ham with her cranberry-flavored sauce, and both made great desserts and gave us candy to take home, so we are happy offspring.


Over at Ekim's parent's house, Amber was got so excited, and greeted us with such gusto, that she lay down and napped all through dinner. She snores adorably.

I need a nap too, to recover.

Oh, oh: THIS JUST IN:

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
(that last word is GLORY.)

10 comments:

Doug said...

Funny poster as ever, and I admire "the wind wouldn't hold still for me."

I think it's impossible to have a crush on anything but an object.

Nessa said...

I love your new crush. It is very snazzy.

Tom & Icy said...

It's okay to have a crush on the bike, just not a crash on it.

Siobhán said...

Very snazzy looking bike Actonbell - enjoy your crush for the summer.

Easter weekend sounded like fun.

Bone said...

Wow, I think that bike has better shocks than my car.

I used to bike to work. Years and years ago.

Ariel the Thief said...

I love to be given objects in honor of my future birthday, happiness is the same, and sure is only what is now, isn't it?

Love the photo of the mapple tree budding. Windy. :)

TLP said...

LOL. Never saw a cat poop colored eggs before.

JAllgood said...

Congrats on the new crush! A bike and the goal to work towards! The MS ride is one of the best supported rides to do a goal ride on. A smart move!

Jocelyn said...

That last photo is a scream.

Congrats on the wonderful bike. I was just dreaming this morning that my family had given me a new bike.

Then I woke up.

The bastards.

Wendy said...

Your new bike is COOOOOOL. I love new bikes. I miss going on big rides. When I was in SoCal I was doing 40 mile rides on the weekends. And I wasn't in spectacular shape, decent, but nothing to brag about by any means. However, it was all flat where I was (by the ocean). So I have the UTMOST FAITH IN YOU. I know you will fly right through those miles!