Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tuesday, the day that was



He respects Owl, because you can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right.
A. A. Milne


Tuesday is my day off this week, and I'm pleased to report that it was indeed special. My mother, TLP, is finally feeling normal again, and on top of that good news, we had a beautiful day here in Central Pennsylvania to drive down the road a piece and walk around at Roots, a large farmer's market and flea market that is only open on Tuesdays. We had a nice lunch, bought some good food and other stuff, and then had a beautiful ride home again.


It's the type of day I hope to always keep in my memories, a remembrance of how lucky I've been and a reminder of everything I've taken for granted. That I had a Tuesday off, which happens to be Roots day, the weather was perfect, and my mother was feeling well. It's such a convergence.

And then, when I got home, I had a message that my new glasses were ready to be picked up, AND the library emailed me because it's my turn for the next Mad Men DVD. Gee, those things were exciting, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shoe Crush: Cute-cute sandals by Carlos Santana, and these are actually way under $100. It's curious, how more than I've ever paid for shoes starts to look so inexpensive, after surfing awhile. Shoe-gazing for fun and relaxation... But don't these sandals just scream spring?








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today's Scrabble word:
zax-a tool for cutting roofing tiles. If I ever get those letters all at once, I'd better be able to put it on a hot spot, or I will be hot.






Actually, Ekim and I don't get around to playing nearly enough. We need to come up with a schedule--omg, am I really saying that?

5 comments:

TLP said...

We had a wonderful day!

Lovely shoes. I'm so glad I can't wear shoes like that anymore.

OMG! I canNOT believe you suggested another schedule...bite your tongue.

SJW said...

Love the shoes... to look at, but think I'd just fall over after three or four steps.

Tom & Icy said...

You think those shoes yell 'Spring', you should see the skimpy skirt that goes with them.

Doug said...

A scrabble schedule sounds like a third decade of marriage sort of arrangement.

actonbell said...

I agree, Mom:)
SJW, they are definitely to be taken sitting down.
LOL, Tom
Very funny,Doug!