Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday daydreaming

The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings
--Lewis Carroll

That reminds me, I have no idea what I want to read next.




Today's Shoe crush : from BCBG Maxazria, for only $150

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Useful Scrabble word :aalii (pl aaliis). (For those of us who suffer the dreaded I-attack during games): A bushy garden shrub, Dodonaea viscosa, of Hawaii, Australia, Africa, and tropical America, having sticky foliage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday's Parade Magazine's GetFitNow column by Michael O'Shea was titled, New Ways to Save Your Eyes. There are two studies out that show that regular, vigorous exercise can help reduce one's chances of vision loss due to cataracts and age-related macular degeneration. The whole article is over there, and it's not long.



Too bad running can't actually make my eyesight better. I'm so nearsighted that when I went to the eye doctor recently to update my glasses, my insurance would have covered the whole shebang, if only I could comfortably wear standard lenses. I really can't complain too loudly, though; I still got out of there for under $50, and I won't have to wear paperweights.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I suppose I didn't actually talk about ships, sealing wax, cabbages, or kings. Maybe next time.

5 comments:

Tom & Icy said...

How much are the virtual version of the shoes? The girls in my Matrix are interested.

Nessa said...

Beautiful shoes. I would only wear them now if I were carried around in a sedan chair.

actonbell said...

LOL, both of you! Icy, they are virtually free, and Nessa, I agree, they are only for short evenings out:)

TLP said...

Well, you mentioned ships, sealing wax, cabbages, and kings. I count that.

Love that Scrabble word. As you know I am and "i" magnet in the game. Aalii wouldn't be many points of course.

actonbell said...

That's true, but you'd get rid of two of them without missing a turn to exchange. AND, what would Ekim do? He'd make a word going two ways, so that would help.