Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A day off at actonbell's

Look at me! I'm actually getting stuff done, instead of lying around doing nothing. I've vacuumed, done a small load of laundry, thrown out a bunch of stuff, and bagged up a whole lot of clothes that I haven't worn for at least a year. This is not like me.One thing I must do before the day escapes is--watch those two episodes of Mad Men because it's due back at the library very, very soon, a term which in this case means tomorrow. It's hard work, but I think I can do it.

~~~~~~~~~~

(This is later) I did it! Whew, it was harder than I'd thought; Ekim had the VCR player turned to a different channel to record something, and our TV is old enough that we have to play a DVD through the VCR player, since our TV doesn't have a spot to attach a DVD player. Ya know how it is.



So, I really should go and return this DVD before tomorrow.


Isn't my life boring? Aren't these shoes cute? Red shoes are popping out at me because of that damned company awards ceremony that's creeping up in about two weeks, and red is always a theme. But, I don't have to think about that. I can just appreciate the cuteness of these shoes.

Mom and I are going to a fundraiser tonight that I've been somewhat involved in, and while registrations are way down this year, it looks like we've snagged more attendees than we'd thought, so this is good news! But no, this is not a red-shoe occasion.

So. I'm off now, really. I mean it.

5 comments:

Nessa said...

I had a pair of red pumps I wore everywhere. I loved those red shoes.

Tom & Icy said...

TV's seem like they're more complicated than computers any more. I had a dvd that I kept trying to play on the tv and it had beautiful photography and an interesting plot, but they spoke Japanese with English writing on the bottom and that made it hard to concentrate or understand. But when I put it in the computer, they spoke English and the story and metaphors made sense.

Doug said...

A boring life is a well-lived one. Unless it's a shoe.

TLP said...

Yeah, I used to have red pumps. *sigh* Those were the days.

Hey, I actually have been getting stuff done too. I think it's all this sunshine.

Ariel the Thief said...

Pretty shoes. What are you going to wear with them? :-P