Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beware the Ides of March!


...but only because this month is going by way too quickly, and if you don't watch out, April Fool's Day will catch you unawares, and depending on the grade of silliness in the people around you, this could be quite embarrassing. AND, furthermore, it's still Lent, so if you gave up sweets, then you still can't eat peeps. Just sayin'. Well, unless it's Sunday, which happens to be today! Those 40 days leading up to Easter do not count Sundays. I looked this up, really, I'm not making it up. So, Mom, IF you're doing that Lent-thing this year (for nonChristians who like to give up stuff), then you can have a break on Sundays. Or maybe that's only if you go to church? N/A.
The trees are budding--I've caught them in the act, but I'm too lazy to take a picture, and it's a cloudy-dreary day, anyway. The robins are back and the rabbits and squirrels are out again, too.
Yay.

7 comments:

SJW said...

Actonbell - seems we've both been thinking about trees and lent and all that.

Just noticed the Obama/Superman pic. Good one.

Nessa said...

I love Peeps, especially once they a bit bit stale and extra chewy.

Lee said...

Bunrab! They've shot Bunrab!

(Your verification word for this post is : inglose. Enjoy.)

Tom & Icy said...

I don't worry about Ides 'cause I don't know anyone named Brutus. But overcast days are great for taking pictures because you don't have all those annoying shadows. It's sunny here in Ohio.

TLP said...

I didn't give up a thing for Lent this year. Not. A. Darn. Thing.

I'm enjoying A Short History very much.

david mcmahon said...

Came here from Nessa's blog. I hadn't realised April Fool's Day was so close!

Bone said...

I had a 10 pack of peeps last night while I was cooking supper.





(Wow, that felt like Confession.)