Sunday, February 08, 2009

Dazzled by the Light

I whined and complained about being cold, I longed for spring, so--it came. I mean, it's 54 degrees and sunny today, I went for a run wearing shorts and a tee shirt, and it's going on 5pm and it's still sunny. This feels like spring, and it's supposed to be pretty balmy for February all week. So, Punxsutawney, that little knowitall rodent, was wrong about the immediate forecast. And after this week, there will only be another month of winter.


I really should have washed my car. It looks like a sad, abused homeless car instead of the lightly used garage-kept little put-around-town it is. Actually, the first nice weather always brings an infusion of thoughts about cleaning and tidying up. Thoughts being the operative word.

And now, it is Sunday evening. I love Sunday evening, and will try to enjoy it without thinking about how early I must rise tomorrow, for work.



funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

I'll try to polish off another book tonight, happily damaging my aging eyes. We all have to decline in some way. Well, lots of ways. So, have a little fun in your decline.

Happy second week of February!

9 comments:

Doug said...

Have fun in your decline might be the best advice over. I'll take it.

Tom & Icy said...

I can adjust to the gradual decline, but the sudden fall is what hurts.

TLP said...

True, true, true Tom!

Sunday was wonderful. Today is nice as well. Everyone's car looks dirty, because everyone's car IS dirty.

I'm so old I see that kitty as Ben Franklin.

Ariel the Thief said...

I love to hear that you love Sunday night. In my dream I love it, too.

I bet your car is so proud to finally look like a big boy. :)

actonbell said...

Have fun, Doug!
That's so true, Tom
LOL, Mom. Ben Franklin--I see it now.
Ariel, it's not proud, or tired.

Nessa said...

I saw both John and Harry. It is currently 66 degrees.

Logophile said...

Im not quite 40, but getting close, I can go either way on it.

Try not to dwell too much on those thoughts of cleaning and such. No good will come of it.

TLP said...

Actually housework makes you ugly.

actonbell said...

Nessa, me too.

You're right, Logo. It all goes to naught.

Haha, Mom, you're proof that that just can't be true!