Friday, February 06, 2009

By Degrees




Twelve degrees, yesterday morning. I usually end up enjoying the fact that I've gotten out in the morning, but the temperature lashed me painfully. This morning was better, but still, it was a sluggish process. So much holding me down, will I ever be able to move swiftly again? This year, the season has caused a peculiar muscular tension and stiffness that has not let up yet.

It's about a month and a half until spring, not that that means immediate warm weather, but it will certainly be much, much better. It is my shining, warm beacon. I'll feel human, again.

7 comments:

Tom & Icy said...

Just be thankful you don't have to go out in the middle of the night to pee.

TLP said...

Well, yeah, Icy. There's that!

Poor Acton. Spring will be here before you know it.

Ariel the Thief said...

LOL Icy! Yeah, Actonbell, life is full of small mercies.

tsduff said...

Wait til you hit 50... then you will feel like that before you even get out of bed in the morning!

I love your picture with it's wild surf.

Doug said...

It's raining here. That makes me happy.

actonbell said...

Ah, you're right, Tom:) Indoor plumbing is a wonderful thing.

Sooner than we thought, Mom!
You're right, Ariel
That's not so long from now, Terry!
It doesn't rain in CA, Doug.

cooper said...

I suggest a heated massage chair.