Saturday, January 03, 2009

Thanks!

I felt awful yesterday, and I don't know exactly why. But thank you, weird illness, for going away.

Thank you, Friday, for leaving.

Thank you, Ekim, for doing all the housework and especially grocery shopping while you were off last week.

Thank you Sun, for coming out today. After being so cold and feeling so icky yesterday, this is quite a comfort.

Thank you, Salvation Army, for taking all the stuff I just purged from the basement. My work isn't done, but it's a good start.

And thanks, Mom, for pointing out that there were no (visible) dates on my posts. Every time I change backgrounds, I have to change the color of stuff to match, and I apparently forgot to change the date color from white to blue. Hmm, wonder if I would have ever noticed on my own.


Ahh, this is much better

8 comments:

Doug said...

Life is grand, ain't it?

Balou said...

I like the snowy look! Glad you're feeling better. I'm getting into purge mode too. Must be a January thing.

Logophile said...

I have piles from the rooms of the Things, mountains.
It's frightening to me when I stop and consider the immense amount of STUFF we own.
Ive had some cloud breaks over here too, always feels good

Ariel the Thief said...

Whatever made you feel icky on Friday, it must be grand that it is over and even the Sun came out. Are you smiling?

I didn't notice the invisible dates, either. Look, life is put together of so many details. One has to select to be able to keep up.

tsduff said...

Thank goodness for every new morning when consciousness hits us...

I love your starry snowflakey template. And about the dates... what else are Mom's for anyway? I lovelovelove (to borrow a phrase from our Puppytoes) your Basset. I've been rather sappy about dogs lately.

TLP said...

I'm glad you are feeling good. The time to be happy is NOW.

BTW, you no longer have to thank Ben: "leaf texture courtesy of Ben Cloward." Just sayin'.

Ariel the Thief said...

Amen, Terry!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Golly whiZ! Was that doggy picture taken THIS winter? Where you live, Yucatan?