Friday, January 02, 2009

Just a status report



New Year's Eve night here was frigid and windy. We went to Appalachian Brewing Company's party again this year, which was great fun, except that walk from the parking lot to the restaurant. Bitter! We left Aruba too early. There was a middle-aged guy there wearing a kilt. There were people who arrived drunk enough to pick up lots of horn-type noisemakers and try them out. They put back the ones they didn't like. I decided not to take one. Anyway, as I said, for just 25 bucks each, we got a great meal, microbrewed beer, interesting company, and a band. And we actually stayed up until midnight.

As cold as it was, some people actually stood outside long enough to watch Harrisburg's fireworks. Madness, especially when the show is already available on YouTube.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Rose Bowl is looking ugly. If you're a Penn State fan, that is. Oh, well, at least the Aflac commercials were funny. And there's old JoePa, sittin' up in the press box, now unable to stand for hours at a time along the sidelines. I wouldn't stand for that, either. Okay, that was bad, but this is better: Joe Paterno told reporters that his doctors were concerned about him getting blood clots, and so prescribed Coumadin, which JoePa referred to as "concubine." I'm pretty sure that would kill him, at his age. I have a hard time getting into football, so I take my entertainment where I can get it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been in my current job for almost a year now, and the turnover has been fast and furious. As of this month, the company is moving managers around, so we will have a new manager and assistant manager. There will be changes, but this is a job that I take one day at a time, so it won't bother me as much as it will some. It's taken me awhile, but I guess I've pretty much settled in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now, the holidays are over, and as much as I enjoyed them, I'm also tired and ready to settle back into life as usual. There's lots of stuff I need to get caught up on around the house, too. And besides, I ate too much and I'm full and now I think I'm going to fall asleep. I need to go into rehab now.


6 comments:

Ariel the Thief said...

"Madness, especially when the show is already available on YouTube." LOL! I love your practical way of thinking.

Bed is the best rehab, ever. Good Night!

Ariel the Thief said...

77 days until spring? Yeah of course you are counting. :)

verifier: deadst. (All will be dead but some will be more dead than others?)

Doug said...

Isn't that up to the groundhog?

Tibbar tibbar. Trojan trojan.

ReesePie said...

Once you get your house caught up, feel free to come catch mine...

:)

Logophile said...

Happy New Year!
I watched the fireworks on TV this year. Way too bloody cold to be outside to see them.
Keep telling us the funny stories from work. We enjoy them.

TLP said...

I bet every XMAS decoration has been taken down at your house. I have one small XMAS thing only that I keep forgetting to put away.