Sunday, December 21, 2008

Home again, home again

I woke up from a dream this morning that I was on a cruise, and we were in Egypt, and it was snowing. Actually, I wanted to stay in bed all day, which is almost what I did do, since I did not leave the house and haven't really gotten anything accomplished except reading stuff. Well, I did unpack as soon as possible last night, since that's what we do, y'know. SO, I suppose that laundry did get done today, so--I did almost nothing today.

My body is still rocking. It's a strange sensation that I suppose will get more so as I grow older--isn't it the same inner-ear condition we get as we age that makes spinning amusement park rides so suddenly hateful?

Does my new background remind you of flannel pjs? It's winter now, so if I'm to maintain a seasonal background, a change was due. And it blustery-cold-snowflakey here. It really should be hibernation time for us, or at least something close to it. Forget day light savings time, let's just go to partial-hibernation time. I'll drink to that.

This Thursday is Christmas. That's incredible. No matter how much they decorate a cruise ship, no matter how often the holiday music is played, it never seems like Christmas in the Caribbean, never. So, to me, it's suddenly thisclose to Christmas.

And now for the question everyone's sick of: Are you ready?

7 comments:

Tom & Icy said...

You're back just in time to enjoy this frigid cold wave.

TLP said...

Ready or not, here it comes.

Cheesemeister said...

Staying in bed all day in flannel pj's sounds nice.
I've had inner ear problems ever since I was a child. I had a lot of ear infections and had to get drainage tubes put in my ears. It fried my equilibrium. I can't go on any rides that go around in circles any faster than the speed of a merry go round or ferris wheel, and those I can only go on once. I also can't go on any kind of watercraft or I get violently sea sick. It is a pain! I live vicariously by visiting the Lazy Iguana and reading about boats and beer.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I almost live in the tropical zone. I am at 25 degrees north latitude, the tropics begin at 23 degrees.

So if I go some 120 miles (less actually) nautical miles to the south I am in the tropics.

That is 138 land miles. Or less.

So to me, a big boat in the Caribbean would be just as Christmas like as where I am now.

I have some new beers. Stone IPA and Hazed And Infused.

Very good stuff. The Hazed And Infused is a dry hopped pale ale. The Stone IPA is also dry hopped.

Both are great, although I like the Stone IPA better.

Ariel the Thief said...

Flannel pjs, yes! Exactly how your blog looks now. :) Having Christmas thisclose all of a sudden must be shocking, stay in bed as much as you can! Can I join with 2 beers?

Marti said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Doug said...

Merry Christmas, dudente

(dudente was my verifier and should be a collective noun for someone. How about you and ekim?