Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Lucky Christmas, Everyone!

It's a bright and sunny morning here, which is a relief after the entire day of rain we had yesterday. And after being beaten at Scrabble every single day of vacation, I finally beat Ekim on Christmas Eve. It's those small victories that count, y'know, bingos that miraculously happen on triple spaces. (It was grieving, which is what I'm not doing. If I ever get a bingo that does not involve a suffix, I will be sore amazed.)

So, all the doggies in the neighborhood have rejoiced in their Christmas morning walks and Serena has pranced over me whilst dreaming of Ekim's chocolate muffin, before settling down to a nice winter's nap. (I hope. She's already eaten a bowlful of food and secreted it out both ends. I'm dreaming of coming home and not stepping in anything.)

Our Christmas morning has been very nice, and so we're off to see our families and won't be home 'til night falls, and it will be the funnest day of the year!

And a bold new year is coming, and I'm looking forward to it in a way that I never have before.

Merry Christmas, everyone, be happy today!


funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

8 comments:

TLP said...

Can't wait to see you this evening! I don't have any catnap, but we've got a lot of beer!

ReesePie said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Ariel the Thief said...

That photo is just too sweet. Merry Christmas and have a wonderful day!

Logophile said...

How precious is that PICTURE?!
Love it!
Hope Christmas was happy and bright and have a very good new year!

Doug said...

Merry Christmas and happy new year. I hope Santa brought Serena a dime bag.

Fred said...

Take that, Ekim!

I hope you had a great Christmas, Acton, and Happy New Year to you and Ekim.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

I really love your aminal pix.

tsduff said...

Doug - ha ha.

Actonbell - Hope your Christmas was fabulous, and wishing you a Happy New Year to you and your family.

Rabbit Rabbit!