Friday, November 07, 2008

Oh, the leaves

It's time to batten down the hatches and go to bed and I have a book that needs to be read, I'm in such a slump, can't seem to get past it, getting nothing done. Time is blowing away faster than the leaves I 've barely raked yet, this new darkness that's falling so early now making things go faster. Things seem faster in the dark.

The weekend comes, I will rake and read and run and clean and fold. Look at me, I can be velocity. Don't sit down don't sit down it'll all be over if you do.


(The side of the yard, sometimes known as Leaf Alley)




Hey, look, here's Progress!


Not a lot of Progress, but still. I had to take a picture, because Progress will be gone tomorrow; I didn't take a picture of all the stuff that's still attached to the trees.

Have a great weekend, everyone! I hope Progress visits you if you want her to.

11 comments:

Balou said...

We raked at my in-laws last weekend. We're lucky in that the wind takes our leaves away for us. Have a great weekend!

ReesePie said...

Wow! That's a heck of a lot of leaves!

Ariel the Thief said...

I love the before progress pictures. :)

Tom & Icy said...

I just wish I could learn to procrastinate spending money.

Ekim said...

A thank you from Shanghai:
I'm impressed with your progress and really appreciate your raking while I'm on the other side of the earth.

TLP said...

OH MY GOSH! Ekim is reading you while in Asia! I'm impressed.

Raking is good excercise, but still a waste of time and good fertilizer. (I can say that because my yard guy will come and make it all go away._

actonbell said...

balou, there were times today when the leaves were blowing off the trees and I thought, maybe I should just put down a tarp and come back later...

reepie, it is daunting.

Ariel, I like how they look on the ground, too. And Progress was covered up this morning.

Tom, me too!

Hi, Ekim:) Thanks for the encouragement.

Mom, it's okay in nice weather. I am chipping away at it.

tsduff said...

I really like seeing your leafy pictures. We have the same - perhaps I'll be inspired to take a picture tomorrow before they get raked up and discarded. Fall leaves make me feel good.

Doug said...

I miss leaves on the ground. Not raking, so much. Raking leaves is the best metaphor for progress there can be, which is why the desert is so much kinder to delusion.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

If they can make a seedless watermelon they can make a leaf-less tree, right? Yes I Can.

actonbell said...

Doug, I sometimes miss those decorative stones and cactus.

Hoss, it does seem that the leaves could at least turn to a powdery substance, or something...