Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Serves Me Right



We did not have Kibbles'n'bits last night, we had sushi. And beer. I insisted on the beer. Only thing is, this wonderful Titan IPA which Ekim got on a great sale and we were so happy about getting is higher in alcohol than the usual IPA, and when I lay me down to sleep I only had my eyes shut for about a minute before I realized that I was rotating. It was a disturbing turn of events to be rotating at this juncture. It's a sickening feeling, fersure. I got up and did some pushups and drank some water and took a pill and then went back to bed. So, be warned: this stuff is loaded.

Whoa, Fluffy, you might want to rethink that...

Crazy day! At work, I mean, in my little corner of the world. It's not that we had too many customers, but we are short-staffed, so we had enough customers, and on top of that, there was a job fair at our branch today, which doesn't usually attract many people, they usually trickle in, but today was different. We had a crowd. Every chair in the building was in use, there was chaos in the air, and then--surprise!! The whole branch is being audited today! In come a team of people from back offices, people I've never seen before, and they are all over the place like ants after a picnic. Oh, except they eat people's time. Someone from the branch must be present when they count each of the vaults and each of the drawers. It takes forever, and it takes people away from their normal jobs.

But, webehappy because it's over. Until the next time.

7 comments:

Doug said...

I think job fairs are going to be kind of crowded for a while.

Tom & Icy said...

We have both; the cat likes fish and Icy likes Kibbles and Bits.

Balou said...

Crazy day! I get a kick out of the Icanhascheezburger.com site. Always good for a laugh.

TLP said...

Once I got that spinning feeling. ONCE. Never again. That was awful.

What madness at the bank!

Ariel the Thief said...

"they are all over the place like ants after a picnic" - I like it!

tsduff said...

I usually have saki with my sushi... they serve it in smaller cups ;)

OldHorsetailSnake said...

You get to do depositions and all like that? Sounds like fun, no?

(Wrong: Sounds like fun, no!)