No, this isn't about beer. Really. It's a reading challenge.
These are the rules:
1. Read a minimum of 9 books first published in 2009. You don’t have to buy these. Library books, unabridged audios, or ARCs are all acceptable. To qualify as being first published in 2009, it must be the first time that the book is published in your own country. For example, if a book was published in Australia, England, or Canada in 2008, and then published in the USA in 2009, it counts (if you live in the USA). Newly published trade paperbacks and mass market paperbacks do not count if there has been a hardcover/trade published before 2009.
2. No children’s/YA titles allowed, since we’re at the ‘pub.’
3. At least 5 titles must be fiction.
4. Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
5. You can add your titles as you go, and they may be changed at any time.
6. Sign up below using Mr. Linky.
7. Have fun reading your 2009 books!
I've never actually joined a reading challenge before, and this one will be an adventure because I have no idea what new and exciting books will qualify. It's not too scary, since I have an entire year to sniff out nine new books.
There's a rumor that Thomas Pynchon is putting out another book this year, and surely Joyce Carol Oates will, since she writes with her fingers and toes at the same time, and I would think that Terry Pratchett is about due for another, also...I won't be hard.