Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween, and the end of another October



I had a flight of fancy this morning: right after Ekim left for his 3-week trip, I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth, and immediately got it into my head that we had a batty visitor in the shower. What excitement, and on Halloween! However, when Serena the Timid Housecat hopped right in and started drinking the soapy water, I knew that all I'd seen was a wayward washcloth losing its spot on the shower's inside rack. That would mean no batty visitor for today, Halloween.
I wouldn't know what to do with a batty visitor, anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(later addition) I'm not too observant, so the Reading List feature on the Blogger dashboard is a recent discovery of mine. How convenient. Instead of storing so many bookmarks, I can just elect to follow a blog. Cool beans! And if it's a place where I just lurk, or if I think the author would feel awkward about having an actonbelllike follower, I can link it privately. It's very organized. Now I just have to remember to use it.

11 comments:

TLP said...

Happy Halloween!

What to do with a batty visitor: leave it alone.

Balou said...

I love the reader list on dashboard. It's a great timesaver as I only go to those sites that have updated with a new post.

Happy Halloween! And be glad you didn't have a batty visitor...yuck!

Ariel the Thief said...

Other than feeling excited and flattered I wouldn't know what to do to a batty visitor, either. They can fall into pieces or bite you. Or both.

Happy Halloween!

Ariel the Thief said...

I use other people's blogrolls to visit blogs, but I didn't find "Waking Ambrose" in your list, scrolled up and read "doug's butt". But I knew that wouldn't be actonbelllike, of course.

Tom & Icy said...

Several years ago we used to go to a website that was called Blogs that suck. It was funny.

Doug said...

Who would ever mind an actonbellish lurker?

Icy, is that how you found me?

teahouse said...

Happy All Hallow's Eve to you!

Marti said...

I hope you and yours have a spectacular Halloween!

actonbell said...

Mom-What would Ekim do? He'd get rid of bat, if bat were in abode.

Balou-Happy Halloween! Artistic AND organized. I'm impressed.

Ariel, LOL! Doug's butt--there's a lightning bug's butt, of course. You'd be flattered if a bat came?

Tom, now there are all kinds of articles about why blogs, in general, suck. It seems they are sucking up google,or something like that. It's a lot of whiney stuff.

Doug, I suppose no one really minds a guest that doesn't require any time.

teahouse-happy Halloween, thanks for coming by. I'm flattered.

Marti-Happy Halloween, I hope things are going better:)

Ariel the Thief said...

Very flattered, yes! Not sure I'd dare to enter the room, though.

TC said...

I knew there was a reading list, but I didn't really know how it worked. You can make them private?!!? Wow. What will they think up next?