Wednesday, September 24, 2008

throwing in the towel





I'm throwing in the towel, and I'm not doing it in style. It's a sad affair, actually. I'm giving up giving up coffee. The headaches were too much, I feel wretched, it's even harder to get up in the morning, and I have no energy. This is suck.


This woman is giving up the fight, surrendering, yielding to the coffee, relinquishing the battle, and waving the white flag.


Not that it's particularly uplifting to be too awake during some of the things that are happening now, though. I probably won't be tuning in to the president's message tonight, since I can predict both what he'll say and how I'll feel.

These are interesting times.

8 comments:

TLP said...

I felt you pain while you were giving up coffee. Now, that you're giving up the giving up, I hope to feel your energy.

Doug said...

I understand why you tried to give up coffee and why you gave up. I do not understand what the prez thinks he can contribute to the conversation. Like you said, we can write his speeches for him.

"The situation is urgent. In other words, it needs to be dealt with urgently. The Democrat congress wants to add a bunch of irrevelent law to the bailout. I stongly urgent them not to. Thank you and God Bless America."

Ariel the Thief said...

That is one of the best ads ever. Welcome back. :-)

actonbell said...

And you shall have, Mom! Feel better soon.

LOL, Doug. It's hard work. And it's all reminding me just a bit of Reagan's trickle-down economics.

Thanks, Ariel!

Tom & Icy said...

You don't have to give up coffee. Just don't sit the cup close to the keyboard.

actonbell said...

heh, you're right, Tom. And you have a good memory:)

OldHorsetailSnake said...

I'll bet your finding out that starting up on coffee is a lot easier than quitting it. So there's nothing but blue skies in your future. Hoo boy.

G said...

That's a hard habit to kick. Welcome back to the CaffeineNation.

Interesting times indeed.